[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=3×2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1375379605&height=400&page_count=5&pf_id=9623&show_title=1&va_id=4185696&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=400 div_id=videoplayer-1375379605 type=script]
LIBERAL, Kansas — The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Services announced Wednesday night that National Beef Packing Company is recalling approximately 50,100 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli.
FSIS and the company have not received any reports of illnesses associated with the recalled beef.
The problem was discovered through routine FSIS monitoring, which confirmed a positive result for E. coli. An investigation determined National Beef Packing Company was the sole supplier of the source materials used in the test.
All these products bear the establishment number “EST. 208A” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The products were produced on July 18, 2013, and were shipped in 40 to 60 pounds cases to retailers, wholesalers, and food service distributors nationwide.
The following products are subject to recall:
- 10 lb. chub of “National Beef” 93/ 7 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 0707
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, Product Code 7031
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 85/15 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7054
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 90/10 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7344
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureSource” 93/ 7 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7004
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell 80/20 Fine Ground Chuck, Product Code 7484
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell” 85/15 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7454
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell” 90/10 Fine Ground Sirloin, Product Code 7577
- 10 lb. chub of “NatureWell” 93/7 Fine Ground Beef, Product Code 7404
E.coli is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration, and in the most severe cases, kidney failure.
The very young, seniors, and persons with weak immune systems are the most susceptible to foodborne illness.