WICHITA, Kansas – It’s nearly time for school enrollment and children need certain vaccinations to attend school.
Required vaccinations for the 2013-2014 school year:
- DTAP – 5 doses
- Polio – 4 doses
- MMR – 2 doses
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella – 2 doses for grades K-4 and 7-9
- 1 dose for grades 5-6 and 10-12
- HIB – 4 doses for children younger than age 5
- Pneumococcal – 4 doses for children younger than age 5
- Hepatitis A – 2 doses for children younger than age 5
- Tdap – 1 dose for grades 7-12
The Sedgwick County Health Department will offer a special Saturday vaccination clinic from 9 a.m. to noon August 3 at 2716 W. Central, Wichita.
Vaccinations are free to uninsured children age 18 and younger, and proof of income is required.
Most insurance is accepted, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Parents are asked to bring their child’s shot record to the clinic.
For more information about vaccinations, contact your doctor or the Sedgwick County Health Department at 660-7300.