Fifteen-year-old burned in north Wichita

WICHITA, Kansas – A 15-year-old man was taken to St. Francis Hospital after suffering burns in a flash fire.

It happened just before 5 p.m. in the 1500 block of N. Piatt.

Officials say the man used a lighter and ignited a gas can in the living room of the home.

The boy suffered five percent burns to his hands, back, and face.

Fire officials say the home was not heavily damaged.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus