[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=3×2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1370456030&height=400&page_count=5&pf_id=9623&show_title=1&va_id=4085114&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=400 div_id=videoplayer-1370456030 type=script]
Today’s recipe comes from the kitchen of Colette’s Catering.
4 oz butter
4 oz flour
2 T olive oil or vegetable oil
1 C diced celery
1 C diced onion
1 C diced green pepper
¼ C Cajun seasoning
2 tsp leaf oregano
1 ½ tsp thyme
1 ¾ tsp basil
2 tsp fresh garlic
1 qt chicken stock
¼ C hot sauce
15 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
1 T tomato paste
8 oz Cajun or smoked sausage, sliced
1 ½ pounds diced cooked chicken
- Cook flour and butter together to make a brown roux. Reserve the roux for later use.
- Heat oil. Add vegetables and sweat until onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients except sausage and chicken.
- Add reserved roux and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and chicken and simmer another 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Adjust seasonings for personal preference.
- Serve over rice.