Woman seriously burned while making coffee

WICHITA, Kansas — A 96-year-old Wichita woman was seriously burned while making coffee Wednesday morning.

The woman was boiling water on a gas stove.

When she reached for the coffee, it caught her nightgown on fire.

She received burns to her back, head and arm.

She was transported to Via Christi on St. Francis in critical condition.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus