QUAKERTOWN, Pa. (AP) – Neighbors and friends say they’re stunned by the apparent carbon-monoxide deaths of a married couple and their two children in an eastern Pennsylvania home where police found a car running in the garage.
It’s not clear whether the car was left running accidentally, or whether it was an intentional act. State police are declining comment on the investigation.
Police were called to the home in Milford Township, Bucks County, at 11:20 p.m. Monday, and found it filled with carbon monoxide.
Police identified the victims as Gary and Michele Reitnauer and their children, Kimberly and Jamie. Friends and neighbors recall the family as happy and outgoing.
Neighbor Maggie Chambers says she believes it was an accident.