WICHITA, Kansas — Wichita fire crews are keeping an eye on the TreatCo Plant after fire broke out Thursday afternoon.
The fire broke around 2:30 p.m. in the 2300 block of North Broadway when welding sparks landed on thick sheets of styrofoam.
“Business owners were in the middle of a cutting operation. Some sparks got into some combustable materials, insulation. They tried to put it out, but it got out of control,” said Capt. Stuart Bevis, Wichita Fire Department.
Employees inside the building were able to make it out.
Another fire occurred back at the TreatCo plant back in June 2011.
The fire smoldered for days.