Mont. man learns lessons after dog dines on $500

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — The Montana man whose dog ate $500 says he’s going to find a better place to stash his cash when he travels.

Wayne Klinkel tells the Independent Record (http://bit.ly/16TPFGC) he doesn’t carry a wallet on his chiropractor’s advice.

Sundance, his 12-year-old golden retriever, ate the bills during a visit the Klinkels’ daughter in Denver last Christmas.

Sundance was left alone in the car with five $100 bills and a $1 bill when they stopped for dinner.

The dog dined on the $100 bills, but left the dollar.

Klinkel says he collected fragments from the dog’s droppings. His daughter found more when the snow melted.

He says he washed the remnants of the bills and sent them taped together to the Treasury Department in hopes of having them replaced.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus