Today’s recipe comes from Chef Paul Freimuth of Harvest Kitchen and Bar at the Hyatt Hotel in Wichita.
Servings: feeds 8- 10 people
1 Cup Corned Beef, chopped
1 Cup Swiss Cheese, diced or shredded
2 Cups Sauerkraut – see additional recipe
1/2 Cup Thousand Island Dressing
1/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
4 Cup Flour
4 Cup Egg Wash
4 Cup Bread Crumbs
2 T Caraway seeds – add to Bread Crumb Breading
To Taste Salt and pepper- add to Flour and Bread Crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until even
- Use an Ice cream scoop to help make the bites.
- Freeze for at least one hour until hard
- Dredge Reuben Bites in flour, egg wash, and bread crumbs
- Repeat these steps until all of the bites are breaded
- Refreeze until the event
- Fry in oil heated to 350 degrees for 2 minutes
- Finish in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes inside should be hot.